Friday, December 12, 2008

Jerry Rice and Max Volume

One night a couple years ago, Nick Danger and I went to South Lake Tahoe, to attend the Maxim Party at Harrah's Altitude Night Club, which oddly enough coincided with the Celebrity Golf thing at Edgewood. Lots of famous people everywhere, Nick says, "we're the only nobody's here". I said "No Nick, we wouldn't be here if that were true, just act famous". I wandered over to check out this woman dancing on an elevated stage in the middle of the club. The music, Dj, sound system, all top notch. I watched as she swayed from side to side, so serene, so placid, so hypnotic. She seemed so peaceful, so happy. She was so beautiful, i had to stop and appreciate her work, her persona, her facade, her mystique. I became aware of someone standing next to me, but I was in trance. All at once she smiled at both of us, I turned to the man standing next to me, and said "Whoa". It was Jerry Rice. He looked at me, gave me that Superbowl Smile, and said ...emphatically..."Yeah, whoa"....We watched her some more. I thought, "what am I gonna say to Jerry Rice"? Thanks? Good to meet you? How was your game today? No. I just shared a man moment with Jerry Rice. It doesn't get any better. When the song changed, he smiled, gave me the head nod, I obliged with the same, and wandered off... to see Nick Danger who said, "So, now your old pals with the all time greatest"?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Max,

    You probally might not remember me but I was the PC tech from Geek Squadron. Hope all is well. I want to thank for the stuff you gave me when I was resolving you're virus issue.

    Hey if you ever need anything give me a shout ok.

    ReplyDelete