Friday, December 12, 2008

Tracklisting for Max Volume's "Illuminaughty"

It's finally here! My new cd "illuminaughty (c) (p)2007"! I want to thank my Bass Player John Gaddis, my Drummer Chuck Ruff (Edgar Winter & Sammy Hagar), and my Austin, Texas, hotshot guitar slinger brother Widgeon Holland, whom I somehow convinced that it would be a good thing to forego several days & nights of summer fun, to sit in a studio and make my new cd really, really good. But Wait! Don't Forget Pat Cola & Mike (Underpants) Grover from PUSHBoX, who played on the song Reno, Nevada!
Illuminaughty:
1. Truckee River Daydream/ Day To Last Forever Reprise -an intro to...
2. Reno, Nevada- I wanted to write a song about Reno that was all about Horses, Mountains, Snow & Happy Stuff!
3. Trollman- this song is about killing the fear inside you.
4. BTJ -Stands for "Billy The Janitor" I wrote this steel guitar bit right after I found out one of my best friends, and fellow radio Dj was killed and robbed of his gear after leaving a radio remote in Orlando, Florida.
5. Long Road To Nowhere- I was at Bully's, with some friends (Beer was involved) and this one guy at the end of the bar was going on & on about his "Cheatin' Lying Tweekin' Bitch"! I went over and smacked him upside the head (just like my Irish Grandfather used to do when he'd ask me if I wanted somrthing to cry about), told him to shut up, quit crying. "Dude" I said, "we've all starred in that movie".
6. Gemini Wind -Ok, so John Mayer wrote the lyrics. It was a contest in Esquire Magazine. John threw down the gauntlet, "here's the lyrics, you write the music". So I Did. I wrote a song with John Mayer! Yay!
7. Girl I want it all- perhaps the naughtiest, horniest lyrics I ever wrote. Women Rock!
8. Want Her Bad -A Valentine's Day present, I, unfortunately was never able to deliver. So now it belongs to you. A cross between Tesla & Perfect Circle.
9. And We Swam -I awoke from a disturbing dream. My Son and I were in a used record store. The Clerks were Chris Payne & Jack Black, (like an out-take from John Cusack's "High Fidelity"). They belittled us and made fun of us for everything we were buying. It was pure comedy. I kept asking what song they were playing. "Song, what song?" "Do you hear voices too"? They railed on us. Standing over by the turntable was Nick Danger who kept pointing to the label on the record, which said "Swam". I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote the whole thing in 20 minutes. And invented a new tuning, The low E is dropped to a C, the B is dropped to A sharp. Thanks Nick!
10. Baby's Got Ink -What? Brad Paisley's the only guy to ever sing about a hottie with a Butterfly Tatoo?
11. Empty Heart Blues -Robert Johnson was in town for Hot August Nights. He stopped by.
12. Where Do Old Cheerleaders Go To Die? Or Strippers? NFL guys? In America there are people whose career plans change when they hit 30. Disposable People, with 40 years left to live. Now What?
13. More & More -A Beatles Moment, me on piano, "jonesing" (an '80's term, yet so apropo) for the stage.
14. The Road To Now -most of the people you know are thinking about yesterday, and tomorrow. No one thinks about Now. Yesterday got you here, tomorrow will be just fine,....if you pay attention NOW!
15. Why Are You Here? An old girlfriend shows up to let me know I was the "one that got away"....

No comments:

Post a Comment