Friday, December 12, 2008

Metallica's "Death Magnetic"

Metallica is a band that is very dear to my heart. There, I said it. You will never ever see the words "Dear to my Heart" used in the same sentence as Metallica. I took a lot of sh*t from my P.D., and G.M. back in the early '80's when I started playing a record called "Kill Em All". I was one of the first Dj's in America to step up to the plate, and "champion" this band, and fight for their place on the playlist. I had just begun my career in radio, and i didn't get on the air to be a Dj, I got on the air to play ROCK!
Death Magnetic sounds like the lost album that should have come out right after "And Justice For All". Average song length 7:00. Dark, Seductive, Angry, Raw, Fast, Relentless. Metallica delivers perhaps their best record ever. All you haters can live in yesterday. There's a tackle box full of riffs on this CD that knocks me out. Lars' Drums are huge, Kirk is ferociously in attack mode, Robert fits in like we all knew he would, and James, well, James is the man...The "Road To Now" has led us here. Enjoy!
P.S. be listening to Rock 104.5 to see the band at the Cow Palace for the dress rehearsal of the new tour, (you and a few hundred others...)

No comments:

Post a Comment